OVERDRIVE FOR DOWNLOADABLE EBOOKS AND AUDIOBOOKS
The Libby app is a new, one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from the Summit Library.
This free app, created by Overdrive, is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10 devices. All you need to get started is an internet connection, a Summit library card, and these steps:
- Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
- Open the app and find the Summit Free Public Library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
- Browse the Library's collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in. You'll need to enter your library barcode number to complete this step.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you're offline. From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
If you have any questions, please call or visit the Reference desk.
For more help using OverDrive for specific devices, click here.