National Picture Book Month: ALL NOVEMBER LONG!
The Youth Services Department is celebrating National Picture Book Month all month long! Take a look at all of the special programs that we have in store to celebrate!
These programs are sponsored in part by the Friends of the Summit Free Public Library.
- Story Craft for preschool: Sign up by clicking any of the links below, to take home a craft kit, listen to storytime at 4 PM, and create the craft altogether,
- Picture Book Bingo: Monday, November 16 at 4 PM for Grades K-5 : Let’s play a couple of rounds of Picture Book Bingo for a prize
- Famous Author Stories for preschool: Listen to famous authors reading their own stories on Tuesdays at 4 PM
- Saturday Story Party! Saturdays at 10 AM, for preschool: Curl up with your favorite bear and a snack to watch several animated stories. Each week will watch 3 different stories, sing songs, and play a story game.
- Serendipity: Thursdays at 4 PM: Serendipity is a program of stories, songs, puppets, plays, and sometimes a craft with Mrs. Wheeless for children going into kindergarten through grade 5.
- Derrick Barnes, a Virtual Author Visit: Tuesday, November 17 at 7 PM: As a part of their Race, Empowerment, and Experience program, The Libraries of Union County Consortium is hosting Derrick Barnes, award-winning author of CROWN: An Ode To The Fresh Cut, The King of Kindergarten, and I AM EVERY GOOD THING,
- Books & Woofs: Monday, November 23 at 7 PM: Everyone is welcome to practice reading aloud to Seeing Eye Dogs and Puppies via zoom! This is an easy and fun way to practice reading aloud.