Access Brainfuse HelpNow here.
Brainfuse HelpNow is now available with your Summit Library card. Brainfuse HelpNow is an all-in-one suite of tutoring services designed for a wide range of academic needs whether it’s tackling a tough homework problem, mastering a particular topic, or writing a paper. HelpNow services include expert academic tutoring and self-study tools to empower users to study at their own pace or collaborate with peers and teachers. Students access live, on-demand academic help and state-aligned skills building lessons from expert tutors. With HelpNow, tutors and students communicate in real time in our online classroom by typing, drawing, and marking-up lessons and web content. Plus, students can use our secure file sharing feature in the writing lab to submit writing assignments to our writing tutors any time of the day. The Brainfuse full-service test center offers practice tests for all levels in math, reading, and writing as well as college preparatory tests – including the SAT.
Experience personalized eLearning by connecting with a live tutor:
- Live Tutoring: Students submit a question in our online classroom and receive live, one-on-one assistance from a Brainfuse tutor.
- Writing Lab: Our writing tutors help students become better writers by providing constructive feedback, and assistance usually within 24 hours of receiving a student’s submission.
- SkillSurfer: Our skills building service helps students master a concept or skill through state aligned online lessons with a live tutor. HelpNow Skills Building has been designed for a variety of age groups and academic needs.
- Send Question: Students submit questions via our online form and a tutor will respond usually within 24 hours to the student’s question.
- Language Lab: Students receive live online help with their Spanish language homework from our fluent Spanish-speaking tutors.
Powerful self-assessment and online learning tools:
- LEAP Learning Platform: Diagnostic test center with detailed study plans, lessons and live tutoring.
- FlashBulb: Users can access and create interactive learning games, quizzes and flashcards.
- eParachute: Use eParachute to discover your strengths and unique talents to map out your future career.
Form study groups, hold virtual office hours, work on class projects, and share knowledge with peers and instructors:
- Meet: Schedule a live study group session with friends and instructors. Invitees receive the invite in their email inbox and simply
click on the Meet link to join the organizer. Attendees need not be Brainfuse users.
- Brainwave: Record movie-like whiteboard sessions to store solutions to homework problems, class projects, or any other
concepts that involve motion or sequencing.
What is Brainfuse?
Brainfuse is based in NYC and for over a decade, has developed and provided virtual learning solutions for schools, libraries, colleges, and universities. Brainfuse helps students and job seekers reach their goals by connecting them with qualified eTutors and job coaches anytime, anywhere. Users can also initiate and organize online meetings for peer-to-peer learning. The Brainfuse learning platform gives power to students and job seekers to manage outcomes better by seamlessly integrating the latest online technology.
Who are your tutors?
Brainfuse tutors are screened, trained, and managed directly by Brainfuse. Tutors are recruited from a diverse tutoring pool and include a mix of professional tutors, retired instructors, graduate students and college faculty members. Only tutors with proven backgrounds in tutoring/teaching in their respective fields are hired by Brainfuse. Over 80% of tutors have a Master’s degree or a Ph.D.
in their field.
Brainfuse regularly reviews and updates its tutor recruiting, training and monitoring procedures to provide the highest possible online tutoring experience for students. Tutor interaction with students is reviewed by a live monitor and immediate feedback is given for an ongoing professional development.
Access Comics Plus here.
With LibraryPass’ ComicsPlus, you have access to more than 20,000 digital comics, graphic novels, and manga—including popular titles like Avatar: The Last Airbender, Big Nate, Bone, Plants vs. Zombies, My Little Pony, Stranger Things, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and hundreds more.
Every title is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for offline reading—no waiting on holds lists, no wasting data! All you need is a valid library card from Summit free Public Library to access them.
Access Creative Bug here.
Creativebug inspires you to create and then teaches you how! Enjoy unlimited access to over 1,000 online art and craft classes, plus patterns, templates, and recipes. Topics include art & design, sewing, quilting, paper, knitting, crochet, food & home, jewelry, holiday & party, and classes for kids. Watch videos anytime, anywhere. Since classes never expire, you can start and stop projects at your own pace. The Creativebug platform includes chapter divisions, note-taking tools, 20-second rewind and more. You can save favorite classes and receive personalized recommendations. New classes from top artists are added daily.
Access Flipster here.
Flipster offers a large selection of today’s top titles as well as an outstanding mobile app that allows you to browse and download magazines on the go. Now, from any location or device, you can access a variety of titles for adults and children at no cost to you. With Flipster, you can access current and back issues of popular titles, such as Bloomberg Businessweek, The Atlantic, Vanity Fair, Real Simple, and many more.
With Flipster you get:
- Full-color duplicates of the print magazine (including ads)
- Unlimited access to current and back issues of 35 popular titles
- 24/7 remote access via desktop and mobile devices
- No overdue fines
- Hassle-free login and authentication by using your Summit library card #
The Flipster app is available for Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) devices. Follow these steps to download magazines using the app:
- Simply download the Flipster app on the App Store, iTunes, or Google Play
- Click “Get Started”
- Search Summit Free Public Library, postal code, city or state. For faster results, allow Geolocation to find our library
- Log in using your Summit library card #
- Explore our collection of popular magazines and click the download icon
- Tap the glasses icon to begin reading.
We hope you enjoy the new service! If you have any questions, please call or visit the Reference desk.
Access Freegal® Music here.
The Summit Free Public Library now offers access to The Freegal® Music Service from Library Ideas, LLC. Registered cardholders can download three MP3-formatted tracks each week and stream 3 tracks per day. The Summit Library subscription pays for the access to the music.
The Freegal® Music service allows patrons to access a collection spanning over 15 million songs, music videos and audiobooks from more than 40,000 music labels worldwide including Sony Music, Epic, RCA, and Columbia. Freegal® Music also offers a mobile app and website which utilizes modern application practices to ensure an easy-to-use and enjoyable experience. The free application is available for library cardholders and can be downloaded in the Apple® App Store and Google® Play store.
Freegal Music FAQs
Freegal App Instructions
Access hoopla digital here.
Hoopla digital is a user-friendly, digital media service that allows access to nearly half a million titles, from six different formats: Movies, TV, Music Albums, eAudiobooks , eBooks, and Comics/Graphic Novels. On a mobile device, borrowed content may be temporarily downloaded and accessed offline or, in either the app or on a computer, all borrowed content may be enjoyed while connected to the internet by streaming.
How do I get it?
- Visit hoopla or download the Apple iOS, Android or Amazon app.
- Click “Log In” and then “Sign Up.” Select “Summit Free Public Library.” You will need to provide your Summit library card number, PIN (the same PIN that you use for your library account, usually the last four digits of your library barcode number), and then create a Hoopla account using your email address and a password you create.
- Search or browse for the item you want to borrow, then click or tap “Borrow.” The item will now be added to your “My Titles” list.
- In a Web browser, click or tap “Play” to begin streaming your item. In an Android or Apple iOS app, tap “Play” to begin listening or watching immediately or the download icon to save the title on your device for playback later. (Note: You may need to install the Widevine plugin before streaming anything in your computer’s browser.)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the popularity of this service, we now have a daily lending limit for hoopla checkouts. You may receive a message that says our daily limit has been reached. If you receive this message, please try to check out your items the following day.
Who can borrow items from hoopla?
All Summit Library cardholders (residents, employed, students and paid cards) will have access to hoopla. Patrons with over $50 in fines will be unable to access hoopla. If you have any issue access hoopla please contact us via the Ask a Librarian page and a librarian will get back to you within 48 hours.
How many items can I check out at a time?
You can check out up to ten items per calendar month.
How long can I keep the items I borrow from Hoopla?
Movie and TV content is available for 72 hours (3 days).
Music albums are available for 7 days.
eBooks, comics and audiobooks are available for 21 days.
Can I read, listen to or view what I borrow on more than one device?
Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the Hoopla app or on your computer through your browser.
What is the difference between downloading and streaming titles?
All titles are available for streaming (requires continuous internet connection) on a computer or laptop. Using the Hoopla app on an iOS or Android device allows you to download the title for listening and viewing offline. Streaming content to your mobile device when not connected to a Wi-Fi network will impact your mobile device’s data allowance.
Access Kanopy here.
Kanopy is the best video streaming service for quality, thoughtful entertainment. Find movies, documentaries, foreign films, classic cinema, independent films and educational videos that inspire, enrich and entertain. We partner with public libraries to bring you an ad-free experience that can be enjoyed on your TV, mobile phones, tablets and online.
- You are allowed 10 play credits per month, which means you can watch 10 videos on Kanopy per month.
- To use a play credit, you must press play on a video and have the video play for at least 5 seconds.
- Once a play credit is logged, you will have a full 3 days (72 hours) to watch the video as many times as you would like without using another play credit, even if a new month starts and your credits reset.
- Your Viewing History (when accessing from a web or mobile browser) will show any video that is still available to view in your 3 day window.
The Kanopy help portal can be found here.
Access Learning Express here.
LearningExpress Library features nearly 1,000 online tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks to help patrons of all ages. LearningExpress helps students and adult learners improve the skills required for academic and career success. It offers job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
How do I get started?
- Visit: Learning Express
- Choose a section under one of the eight modules of study.
- Register with an email when prompted.
Guía de Inicio Rápido de EBSCO LearningExpress
EBSCO LearningExpress Quick Start Guide
A dedicated “My Center” dashboard to track your progress.
Eight learning modules to choose from:
- Career Preparation – Make your work goals a reality—start a new career or advance in your current field.
- Job and Career Accelerator – Powerful tools and guidance to achieve your career goals.
- High School Equivalency Center – Guided support and preparation to help you earn a high school equivalency credential.
- College Admissions Test Prep – Prepare for important exams like the ACT®, SAT®, AP® Tests, and more.
- School Center – Skill-building resources for classroom and homework success.
- College Students – Achieve your undergrad goals and prepare for future success.
- Adult Core Skills – Achieve your personal education and career goals.
- Recursos para Hispanohablantes – Herramientas de aprendizaje, carrera y ciudadanía en español
Access Lynda here.
The Summit Library is excited to offer our patrons a full subscription to Lynda.com, the world’s top site for learning technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. With an active Summit Library card you have access to thousands of high quality videos taught by top-notch instructors who know their stuff, and know how to teach it! You create your own account, track your progress and even earn certificates to show others you are keeping your skills razor-sharp.
Try it out at the library, in your home, on your tablet, and even through your smartphone. Create your own lynda.com account today. Enter your library barcode number, and your PIN is the last four digits of your barcode number. You’ll get hooked, and be smarter for it!
What is it?
Lynda.com is a web-based video subscription service that provides courses for learning the latest commercial software, creative and business skills.
How does it work?
The Library’s lynda.com subscription allows patrons access from library computers or your desktop, mobile and tablet devices. You will need your library card and your library card account PIN.
- More than 3000+ courses with 129,942 video tutorials. Most tutorials last several hours but are broken into multiple chapters.
- Software like MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Web design: Web graphics, Interactive Design, Prototyping and more.
- Social media and web publishing tools like Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress.
- Photography: Lighting and Photographing a Still Life, Photography 101: Shooting in Low Light, GIMP:Essential Training
- Business and career skills – productivity, marketing, time management and more.Job Search Tools: with Resume design, Searching for Positions, Working with Recruiters and more.
- Courses for all levels cover technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Courses may also include exercise files (practice), closed captioning and text transcripts.
How do I start?
Click here to be directed to the Summit Free Public Library Lynda portal. You will be asked to create a LyndaLibrary account by entering your library barcode and PIN, which will allow you to track your progress through your tutorials. For Summit Free Public Library cardholders only.
Access the Overdrive catalog here.
Getting started with the Libby app:
Click here for printable instructions for Libby.
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
- If you have a device that’s not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
Step 1: Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
Step 2: In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
Step 3: Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
Step 4: Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With… to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help. Happy reading!
How to borrow and deliver Kindle Books:
Click here for printable Kindle device instructions.
Step 1: Open your library’s digital collection by clicking here or going to https://elibrarynj.overdrive.com/.
Step 2: Find a Kindle Book to borrow. You can see all of your library’s Kindle Books by selecting the Kindle Books link near the top of the site (or under on mobile devices).
Note: You may want to check whether a Kindle Book has any device restrictions before you borrow it (this is most common for picture books, read-alongs, and graphic novels).
Step 3: Select Borrow. If prompted, sign into your library.
Step 4: Choose a lending period for the title (if available). Then, select Borrow again.
Step 5: After you borrow the title, select Read now with Kindle.
Step 6: You’ll be taken to Amazon’s website to finish getting the ebook.
Note: You must complete this step for the book you borrowed to appear in the “Your Content and Devices” list in your Amazon account. If the book doesn’t appear in this list, you won’t be able to download it on any device.
If you’re signed into your Amazon account, verify the “Deliver to:” device and select Get Library Book.
If you’re not signed into your Amazon account, select Get Library Book, and sign in.
Your Kindle ereader needs a Wi-Fi connection to download library Kindle Books from Amazon. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi connection, you’ll need to transfer the title via USB.
Once a book is on your Kindle device or reading app, you can read it just like any other Kindle Book. For specific help reading on your device (like how to change the font or save a bookmark), visit Amazon Device Support.
If you want to read the ebook on a different Kindle device or app, you can deliver it again from Amazon’s website during the lending period.
If you have any questions, please visit the Overdrive Libby help page here, or feel free to call, visit, or contact us via email.
Need help getting started with Overdrive?
Have a question about using specific devices?
To access our full catalog of ebooks and eaudiobooks, go to eLibraryNJ.
Rosetta Stone is now available to Summit Library cardholders. Rosetta Stone Inc. is dedicated to changing people’s lives through the power of language and literacy education. The company’s innovative, personalized language and reading programs drive positive learning outcomes in thousands of schools, businesses, government organizations and for millions of individual learners around the world.
If you are accessing Rosetta Stone from home, you will be asked to enter your library card barcode number. Start learning a new language today!
Access Tumblebooks here.
Storybooks/Non-Fiction: Tumblebooks has several picture books for your children to practice their reading. The books can be accessed on a computer or mobile device. All picture books have animated images with the full text of each book highlighted. In addition to picture books, Tumble Books has a collection of animated songs with the text included as well.
Read-Alongs: Tumble Books has a collection of famous and popular books for children that you can read along with on a computer or a mobile device. You can change the font size, style and color. You can also add bookmarks and notes to the books as well Each story has audio that can be played back while the corresponding text on the screen is highlighted.
eBooks: eBooks contains popular children’s titles in text only formats. You can change the font size, style and color. You can also add bookmarks and notes to the books as well
Graphic Novels: Tumble Books premium contains over 50 graphic novels for children. Each graphic novel is narrated per panel, with the full text of each book highlighted.
Videos: Tumblebooks has a collection of educational videos released by National Geographic on Topics from Animals to Social Studies.
Playlists: Collections of books to watch together for a specific period of time.
Games: Puzzles, Memory games, crosswords, word search and spelling games
Access Tutor.com here.
Did you know? Tutor.com can help you get your homework done, write your paper, or study
for your test so that you can get back to your life. If you’re getting frustrated, Tutor.com can
help you get unstuck. Create a FREE account or log in with your library card to get the
help you need, online and on-demand.
“Now it doesn’t take me 3 hours to finish my chemistry homework. I love Tutor.com!”
—10th Grade Student
Students and parents can get help with any kind of academic question in math, science, English,
social studies and writing. Expert tutors work with students in kindergarten through 12th grade
and can even help with AP®-level and intro-level college coursework.
Connecting with a tutor is easy. You just need your library card and any Internet-connected
device. Click here to get started. Connect. Learn. Go!
Hey High School Juniors and Seniors!
Did you know? Tutor.com can help you on your path to college. Thinking about the SAT® or
ACT®? Your score is a key component of your college admissions process. Be sure to check
out Tutor.com’s SAT/ACT Essentials service, free with Summit Library’s Tutor.com service. SAT/ACT Essentials, powered by the world leader in test prep, The Princeton Review®, will give you the edge you need to reach your target score.
With this free service you’ll be able to:
- Complete a full-length practice test and see your score.
- See the areas in which you need to improve.
- Watch videos to learn important test-taking strategies.
- Take practice drills to help raise your scores!
We know that preparing for college can be overwhelming. Fortunately, SAT/ACT Essentials
is available 24/7—so can easily fit study time into your busy schedule. Just remember: Getting into your dream school takes more than great test scores. Tutor.com can also help you boost your GPA with free academic tutoring from expert tutors. Get ondemand homework help, assistance in writing a strong college application essay, and more! All you need is your Summit Library card! Click here to get started.
The Tutor.com Adult Education Center
Free, on-demand, anonymous tutoring available online with your Summit Library card. Are you returning to school, working towards your GED, or refreshing your skills for work? Get anonymous, private, online tutoring for any kind of academic question in math, science, English, social studies, and writing anywhere you have an internet connection with Tutor.com—FREE with your library card!
Click here to access Tutor.com from any Internet connected device. Click on the link for Tutor.com and enter your library card to get started.
Tutor.com’s expert tutors can help you on anything from learning how to add fractions to
understanding your college-level statistics class. You can choose to connect with a tutor right away or use one of the other great features of the service, including practice quizzes to help study for an exam, online resources from the Tutor.com SkillsCenter Resource Library, and the Drop-Off Writing Review service where expert writing tutors review and give you feedback on your writing assignments before you have to turn them in!
If you’d like a demonstration of how to use the service, please ask your tutor for a tour of the classroom at the start of your session. Don’t be afraid to get the (FREE!) help you need. Improve the quality of your education—and your life—by logging in today!