Virtual Chinese Corner: 2nd & 4th Sunday at 7:30 PM
Summit Free Public Library hosts a volunteer led Virtual Chinese Immersion program. It is held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month via zoom during the school year and will be on hiatus over the summer. Our group of dedicated volunteers of all ages have created lots of fun and engaging topics for all ages, including games, contests, stories, talent shows, and more!
Registration for each program opens the week prior to the current week’s program. Please register in advance in order to receive the zoom link.
Chinese Lending Library at Szechuan Delight
Summit Free Public Library and the Summit Library Chinese Club have co-sponsored a lending library of Chinese Books in Chinese, that is currently available for browsing at Szechuan Delight Restaurant in New Providence (598 Central Ave. #4, New Providence, NJ 07974).
- All community residents can borrow books from the circulation station (located inside Szechuan Delight) for free.
- Borrowers are allowed 5 books in their possession at one time. The suggested loan period is two weeks for non-textbooks and up to 2 months for textbooks.
- Borrowers shall complete the registration at the circulation station while checking out your books.
- Please take good care of the books, and return them on time. While returning, remember to find your checkout registration and sign the return date in the return column.
- If books are not returned after the due date, as a courtesy, volunteers from the Summit Library Chinese Club will call the borrower to remind them to return the books via the phone number registered. For damaged and lost items, the borrower will be charged the following
- $5 for each textbook
- $2 for each non-textbook.
- If you are interested in buying any used books, please contact the Chinese Club. All funds raised will be used to purchase more books for the collection.
- During the pandemic, we recommend that you borrow books at Szechuan Delight from 2-4 PM in order to avoid peak dining hours and maintain social distancing.