For the full list of books available to download in overdrive, please visit https://elibrarynj.overdrive.com
- For mobile users, the Libby app one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from the Summit Library. This free app, created by Overdrive, is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), and Windows 10 devices.
- Kindle fire users may download the overdrive app in Amazon as well
- If you have any questions, please visit the Overdrive Libby help page here,
To browse the collection for children directly from the elibrarynj website, please click the “Kids” link at the top of the page, or click https://elibrarynj.overdrive.com/library/kids
- The main page will show you featured Children’s Books in eLibraryNJ that you may borrow immediately or place the titles on hold.
- If you’d rather borrow a title immediately without having to place it on hold:
- Click the arrow next to Collections
- Click “No wait No problems”
- All children’s books listed on this page are available to be checked out immediately.
Create an account in Hoopla
- Visit hoopla or download the Apple iOS, Android or Amazon app.
- Click “Log In” and then “Sign Up.” Select “Summit Free Public Library.” You will need to provide your Summit library card number, PIN (the same PIN that you use for your library account, usually the last four digits of your library barcode number), and then create a Hoopla account using your email address and a password you create.
Browse titles in Kids Mode:
If you select Hoopla Kids Mode, you may browse for eBooks, audiobooks, comics, television shows, movies and music that are safe for children.
Hoopla titles are always available, so you never need to place holds on them.
You can check out up to eight hoopla items per calendar month
For more information about hoopla, please click here:
Summit Free Public Library has purchased over 300 Capstone Interactive eBooks for children, which can be accessed directly from the library catalog.
You can read any of these books on a computer, phone, or tablet.
Books in this collection include popular early reader and first chapter book titles, non-fiction titles for emerging readers, and bilingual ebooks in English and Spanish for children.
To access from the Capstone Website:
- Visit https://www.mycapstonelibrary.com/
- Click the login button on the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Click “login with Capstone”
- Username: summitfree
- Password: library
To access from the Library Catalog:
The following options are available when you open the book:
- Read book page-by-page: To read or listen to the text of the book at your own pace.
- Read book all at once: To automatically listen to the entire text of the book.
You may select the following controls at the bottom of your Capstone Interactive eBook:
- Page: Go to a specific page in your book.
- Audio: Listen to the book being read to you.
- Word: If audio is selected, you have the option of seeing each word as it is read.
- Autoplay: You may listen to the book automatically.
- Contents: A complete list of everything located in the interactive eBook. Once you click an item in the contents control, the location shows up on the screen.