Children and teens in Grades K-8 are welcome to submit a piece of artwork for the library’s 3rd annual Chinese New Year Art Show.
The theme of this year’s art show is Our Community! Each piece of artwork will be hung on the bulletin boards in the Children’s Department, and will be juried by library staff, volunteers, and local artists.
We invite artists of Summit and surrounding communities, including Berkeley Heights, Chatham, Madison, Millburn/Short Hills, Mountainside, New Providence, Springfield, and Westfield to participate in the Summit Free Public Library’s 2023 Lunar New Year Art Show! Students attending private schools in these towns are also welcome.
Full guidelines for submitting artwork are listed below:
- Entrants must be a student enrolled in Kindergarten thru 8th grade, or an equivalent grade.
Each participant may only enter one (1) piece.
- Works of crayons, pastels, water colors, oil paints, acrylic paints, ink, pencil, mixed media, etc. are all accepted.
Works may be created on letter-sized paper (8.5×11) or 11×14 paper.
- Please drop off your work at the Ask Us desk at Summit Free Public Library (75 Maple Street, Summit, NJ 07901) between 12/12/2022 and 1/7/2023 during regular library hours. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm, January 7, 2023.
- By entering this event, you are granting Summit Free Public Library and the Chinese Club the right to display your artwork in the library, and/or post your name, age, city, and the image of your artwork on our website and social media pages.
- If you have any further questions about the Chinese New Year Art Show, please contact us at SummitChineseClub@gmail.com