The 2020 Summer Reading Program begins on Saturday, June 13, 2020.
There are incentive programs for all ages, from ages 6 months thru adults.
Click here to register, or download the readsquared app from the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store.
For our youngest patrons in preschool and kindergarten:
- Level Up!: Every 10 books you read together with your child makes them eligible to enter to win Grand Prizes all summer. Prizes will be awarded on July 1, August 1, and September 1.
For elementary school students entering Grades 1-5
- Level Up!: Read for 1/2 hr per day for 5 days to “LEVEL UP” and earn points to enter to win Grand Prizes all summer.
Prizes will be awarded on July 1, August 1, and September 1.
- Complete the Summer Reading All-Stars Mission
Read 12 books all summer long, and bring your list of books to the Somerset Patriots ballpark, to get two free tickets to any game all season.
For middle and high school students entering Grades 6-12
- Read for 1/2 hr per day for 5 days to “LEVEL UP” and enter to win Grand Prizes all summer.
- Your goal is to see if you can get to 1500 points; you “LEVEL UP” for every 150 points you earn by reading.
- Bonus: You can earn more points by finishing listening to audiobooks or reading books, for up to 90 total points per day.
- Use your points to redeem tickets for the Grand Prizes.
- Prizes will be awarded on July 1, August 1, and September 1.
For all children ages 6 months thru entering 12th Grade
Play some BINGO!
- Complete the items on the bingo board.
- You will get a different small prize and earn extra points for every bingo you earn, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- There are twelve prizes in total.
Did you know that there’s even a program for adults too?
The Adult Summer Reading Challenge is designed for adults age 18 and up to encourage life-long reading habits. Your challenge is to read TEN books by the end of the summer to be entered into our GRAND PRIZE drawing on Friday, September 11th.
There are more chances to win throughout the summer. If you read and log two books before July, you will be eligible to win our first drawing on July 1st. If you read four books before August, you will be eligible to win our second drawing on August 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact the Adult Services staff at email@example.com or 908-273-0350 ext. 3.
Good luck with your reading challenge!
And a special challenge for adults.
“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination and the journey. They are home.” –Anna Quindlen
WHAT BOOK MEANS THE MOST TO YOU?
Tell us why in as little as a sentence, or as long as a paragraph – whatever it takes to convey why this title is so relevant and significant to you.
No prizes for this challenge, but you’ll get to share that special book with the community. Email the title of the book and a short description to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post challenge entries throughout the summer on the library website and on social media. Please include in your email how you would like to be identified – full name, first name and last initial, first name only, or your initials. If you don’t express a preference, we’ll use initials only.