However, if you are downloading to a mobile device for the first time, you must download the Overdrive app first. It can be found in your app store. Once it is downloaded, you will have to create an Overdrive account.
- Once you've created your Overdrive account, click Add a Library and search for Summit Free Public Library. Once you've made Summit your library, click on elibraryNJ.
- Sign in to elibraryNJ by tapping on Sign in in the top right corner.
- Search for your ebooks/eaudiobooks. Select EBUB eBook to add ebooks to your Overdrive app. Select MP3 Audiobooks to add to your Overdrive app.
- Keep in mind: If you are in the Summit Library when you click Download, you will not be able to download your eResourse. Once you connect to a network outside of the library, you will be able to download your title.
If you are downloading to your Kindle eReader with a WiFi connection:
- Start off by visiting www.elibrarynj.com on their PC or Mac. These devices require you to log in & download your Kindle eBooks from your computer first, and then transfer them later to your devices.
- Click on Sign in in the top right side of the page. From the pull-down menu under Library, select Summit Public Library, then type in your library barcode number.
- Select a title you are interested in. You will then be brought to the Bookshelf located within your eLibraryNJ Account. Select the Kindle format with a checkbox, and select Confirm & Download.
- Amazon.com will open. Sign in to your account and click Get Library Book on the right side of your screen. Then select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app from the drop-down menu and click continue. If you selected a title to download that could be delivered wirelessly and you have a device that has Wi-Fi, your title will appear on your device within a few minutes.
If your Kindle does not connect to WiFI:
- You must follow the steps above and continue with steps 2-6 below.
- If you selected a title that only allows transfer via USB, or you have a device that does not have a Wi-Fi connection, a Download Now box will appear asking if you would like to open or save the file. Keep it on the “save” option and click OK. Another box will pop up with your completed download.
- Right-click on the title you downloaded in the box, and choose Open Containing Folder. Keep this box up on your screen. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cord. A box may pop up on your computer prompting you to download driver software to be able to read the files on your Kindle device. If it prompts you to download driver software, do so. Otherwise, go to MY DOCUMENTS of your computer and find the drive labeled Kindle and click on it. You will see all of the files and folders currently on your Kindle device.
- Return tothe other box where you initially downloaded the eBook title, highlight the eBook title, right-click, and select the option to cut.
- Go back to the box containing your Kindle files, and click on the Documents folder.
- Right-click anywhere in this box, and choose the option to Paste the file. Your eBook title will appear. Once you see it appear, unplug the USB cord. Your title will be now be on your Kindle. Enjoy!
If you are downloading directly from our catalog:
Perform a search for the eResource you want. You can simply type ebook into the search box on the top, or limit your search results to eBooks (located on the left side of the screen), or look for search results displaying a Download button. Under the book jacket, the format will display as eBook or eAudiobook. For example:
2. Click the Download button. You will be able to download your selected eResource or place a hold directly from our catalog.
3. Once the eResource is downloaded to your device you will have an allotted time to read the eBook, or listen to the eAudio. If you finish reading your eBook or listening to your eAudio before its due date, you can always delete it from your device.
4. You will receive a notice via email when your eResource is going to expire. Once past the expiration date, you will no longer have access to the material. You can delete the title from your device, if desired.
5. If you have placed an eResource on hold, you will receive an email notice when the item becomes available. You will be given an allotted amount of time in the email to download the title to your device. If you do not download in the allotted time, the hold will expire and you will need to place another hold on the item if you are still interested.
If you need more help with Overdrive, please ask a librarian or refer to the elibraryNJ help page.