The Library has three Quiet Study Rooms available. We recommend that you reserve time in advance, as our rooms book up very quickly. Please note:
- The study rooms are provided for quiet study, literacy/ESL tutoring or for group study that necessitates conversation. In accordance with citywide policies, the rooms are not available for social, political, partisan, or religious purposes, for the benefit of commercial concerns, as an open study hall, or where, in the judgment of the Library disorder may occur. The study rooms cannot be used for any purpose where fees are required.
- A Maximum of four (4) will be allowed in the Hageman and Ford Study Rooms or a maximum of twelve (12) in the computer lab.
- A Study Room may be used for a maximum of three (3) hours per day if others are waiting.
- The rooms may be reserved up to a month in advance, either in person at the Reference Desk, through our website online reservation system, or over the telephone.
- A reservation will be canceled if the person(s) does not appear within 15 minutes of the scheduled time when others are waiting. If a room is not reserved, it will be made available on a first-come, first served basis.
- A valid identification may be required for at least one person occupying the room and that person will be held responsible for any damage occurring during the session. The identification will be held by the library and returned upon completion of room use and after the room has been inspected by the Library staff.
- Anyone violating these policies will be asked to vacate the room and may be subject to discipline under the Library usage policy. See Rules of Conduct.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate any session or to refuse use of the room at any time.
Approved by The Library Board of Trustees 4/13/2016.