Downloading ebooks to your Kindle
Go to https://www.elibrarynj.com
Sign into your account:
- Click on Sign In towards the top of the page
- Select Summit Free Public Library as your Library.
- Type in your complete library card number beginning with 29547…
- Hit <Enter> or click on ‘Sign In’.
Search for a book:
- Use the quick search feature — By title, author, subject, etc. by clicking on the magnifying glass on the top right side of the page.
- Once you click on the magnifying glass, you can click on the Advanced Search to limit your search to Kindle eBooks (under Formats), or titles that are available now (under Availability).
- Browse by Subject (historical fiction, mystery, short story, etc.) or Collection (available now, most popular, new ebooks) by clicking on the tabs on the top left side.
Borrowing your Kindle Book:
- Select your book; availability is noted on top of each cover image. If it says Wait List, you may place a hold on the title.
- Once you select a book, select “Borrow” then go to your "Loans" page. Select “Download” and check “Kindle Book”.
- You will then be taken to Amazon.com. Log in using your Amazon Kindle account.
- Amazon will then ask where you would like to have the book delivered. Choose your Kindle OR the device on which you have the Kindle app.
- The book will be transferred to your device via Amazon’s WhisperSync technology.
***Keep in mind that Library ebooks can only be delivered while you are connected via WiFi; they will not be synced if you are using a 3G connection.***
***Some titles can only be transferred to your Kindle via USB. This means that you will download the book to your computer and save it to your Kindle, as if you were saving it to a flash drive.***
Want a PDF version of the above instructions with images to show you what your screen should look like?
application-pdfInstructions using Kindle for downloadable e-Books
application-pdfInstructions for using the Kindle App for downloadable e-Books
These documents are PDFs. You will need Adobe Acrobat on your computer to open the files.
Please contact the Reference Desk at 908-273-0350 ext. 3
or r This email address is being protected from spambots.