Thank you for your interest in supporting the Summit Free Public Library. There are several ways members of the community can lend a hand - getting involved with our Summit Library Foundation, by becoming a member of The Friends of the Library, or by giving a gift donation. Please click below for more information on ways you can lend a hand.
The Summit Library Foundation now has an Amazon Smile link. By clicking on the image below, Amazon will automatically donate .5% of your purchases to the Foundation. It's as simple as that!
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support the Summit Free Public Library Foundation by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
Who are we?
- The Summit Free Public Library Foundation was established in 2013 as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation and all donations to the Foundation are tax-exempt as allowed by law.
- The Summit Free Public Library Foundation will further the library’s established tradition of excellence made possible by generous private gifts and strong public support.
- The Foundation’s private funds will enhance, not replace, state and municipal funding and gifts from the Friends of the Library. The Foundation will focus on endowment, technology and facility enhancements while the Friends of the Library will remain a grass- roots effort to enhance library programming, build library collections and foster a love of reading and sense of community.
The Summit Free Public Library hosted its inaugural reception at the home of Drs. Susan and Robert Rubino on Wednesday, October 1st. The festivities included a reading by former Summit resident and author Stan Parish reading from his book Down the Shore.
Pictured are (l-r) Loreli Stochaj, Mary Tanaskovic Bitting, Debra McCann, Robert Rubino M.D., author Stan Parish, Sandy Bloom, Ruth Hamann and Susan Permahos, Library Director.
Foundation Board of Trustees:
- President: Amy Liss
- Vice President: James G. Fleischmann
- Treasurer: Michael Katz, Esq.
- Secretary: Loreli Stochaj
Members at Large:
- Mary Tanaskovic Bitting
- Ruth Hamann
- Dr. Robert Rubino
What can you do to help our library continue to grow and thrive?
- You can donate to our Foundation in many different ways:
- A gift of cash, securities or property for immediate or future use to benefit the library.
- Enroll in an employer matching gift program.
- A bequest in your will or living trust to guarantee future support.
- Beneficiary designations of life insurance or retirement plan proceeds.
- Gifts with retained income for yourself or others.
- Gifts may be made in honor of or in memory of another person.
It is now possible to donation through PayPal by clicking on the "Donate" button below:
A gift to the Summit Free Public Library Foundation can provide substantial tax savings for the donor.
- Saving in income taxes by gifts of cash, securities, or property made during the fiscal year.
- Savings in inheritance and gift taxes by bequests, trusts or living trusts.
- Savings in capital gains taxes when gifts of appreciated securities or other property are made.
Please address gifts and correspondence to:
Summit Free Public Library Foundation, 75 Maple Street, Summit, NJ 07901
The Summit Free Public Library Foundation is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization. Your contribution is a tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Made possible in part by Investors Bank. Please call 908-273-0350 for more information.