Per Diem/Substitute Youth Services Librarian:
The Summit Free Public Library is seeking a child-friendly librarian to work on an as-needed basis in the Youth Services Department. Flexibility needed to cover morning, afternoon, evening or weekend shifts, as required. Serve patrons at the Youth Services Desk by providing reference and reader’s advisory services to children and parents,assist with the maintainence of collections in the Youth Services Department and implement age-appropriate programs as needed.
Representative Job Duties:
• Provide telephone and in-house reference service to the public
• Provide reader’s advisory in-house and via telephone
• Maintain good rapport with patrons of varying ages
• Assist patrons in using computer resources.
• Age appropriate programing, such as storytime and elementary programs as required.
• Knowledge of trends in Children’s Literature and Library service.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
A Youth Services Librarian must have a Master's degree in library science from an ALA accredited library school. Some experience working in Youth Services in a public library is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of children’s literature is expected. A New Jersey Professional Librarian Certificate must be on file for candidates that have completed the degree.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONSApplications will be reviewed as received. Position will be open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to: Ann-Marie Aymer, Head of Youth Services, This email address is being protected from spambots.. Please no phone calls. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.