Job Title: Full Time Children's Librarian, 35.5 hours a week.
One year temporary position with opportunity for renewal of contract or permanent position
Seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, and creative librarian to provide reference and readers’ advisory services to patrons in a very busy Youth Services department. An existing knowledge of children’s literature is desirable as is an abiding interest in children and young adults. Strong programming skills required including knowledge and interest in running a makerspace program for elementary school students.
Representative Job Duties:
- Provide reference service and reader’s advisory in the Children’s Room.
- Collection development and maintenance for Children’s department.
- Children’s programming including literature-based programs, crafts, technology and makerspace activities.
- Assist patrons in using computer resources.
- Create visually appealing library displays
- Assist patrons in using photocopiers and other equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Requirements: ALA accredited Masters of Library Service and NJ Professional Librarian’s Certificate. Must enjoy and be comfortable working with children and young adults. Knowledge of computers and technology trends. Able to identify and plan craft and technology activities. Computer knowledge required. STEM knowledge preferred but not required. Spanish speaking a plus.
Compensation: NJLA recommended minimum. Full medical benefits, vacation, sick leave
Deadline for Applications: Position is open until filled
How to apply: Send resume to This email address is being protected from spambots..
Summit Free Public Library, 75 Maple St., Summit, NJ 07901.