The Friends of the Summit Free Public Library have added two new museum passes to the successful museum pass project. The first addition is the Princeton University Art Museum, a wonderful facility with origins dating to the 1750s. The Princeton University Art Museum is one of the world's leading university art museums with collections of more than 92,000 works of art. An exciting part of this membership is the ability to use the pass at any other museum in the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association. With this pass, you can gain admittance to the Stickley Museum in Morris Plains, The Newark Museum, the Visual Arts Center here in Summit, as well as the Frick Collection, the Museum of the City of NY, the American Folk Art Museum in NYC and hundreds more. The second new membership is to the Battleship New Jersey, America’s most decorated battleship, located on the Camden Waterfront across from Center City Philadelphia. Multiple passes are available for both the Princeton University Art Museum and the Battleship New Jersey, doubling your chance at reserving a pass. You may reserve a pass by clicking here.
Now that the new catalog has launched, your PIN number has changed to the last four digits of your library card number. Once you access your account you will be able to change your PIN number or set up a friendly login.
Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 at 7 pm
Need some career clarity? 50% of Americans say they’d do something else if given the chance. Laura Berman Fortgang, nationally known career and life coach and author, will support you to figure out what’s next and help you get from here to there. Whether you are searching for career direction or just strategizing your next move at work or in life, this fun, informative and interactive workshop, will provide you with:
- The three biggest blocks to life direction and career clarity and how to break through them
- The two turnkeys to answering “What should I do with my life?” once and for all
- The strategies for overcoming money worries when it comes to making a change
- Three ways to harness synchronicity and ‘coincidence’ in order to bring luck your way no matter what you are working on
- The Life Blueprint® Philosophy that will have you walk away with undeniable truths about what you must do to be happy and bring meaning to your life.
- Her experiences with hundreds of clients that she led to new directions in 90 days or less!
All are welcome to attend this free program. Do not miss this opportunity to learn, laugh and grow. To register, stop by the Reference Desk or call 908-273-0350, ext. 3.
Council President Rubino has introduced a "Summit Historical Minute" at the beginning of each Council meeting to encourage awareness of our City's rich history to our community. This feature highlights people and places in Summit, researched and presented by Summit High School students and residents. We will be posting these "minutes" here after every meeting, so stay tuned to learn interesting tidbits of Summit's history every month.
- September 22, 2015 History of the Public Schools
- September 5, 2015 Rev. Florence Spearing Randolph
- July 7, 2015 Marjorie Cranstoun Jefferson/Summit Playhouse